Another Successful Event!
The third annual Taste of Denman open stage music/food/art festival, is coming up soon – Sunday, July 31 on the grounds of the Denman Activity Centre in downtown Denman.
Get ready for a ‘taste’ of some of the best music, food, and art Denman has to offer. Here’s the schedule so far – please note that it is subject to last minute changes.
- The gate opens at noon. Everyone welcome. Admission is by donation (suggested donation is a Toonie) with proceeds going towards tips for the open stage performers.
- The Lounge Bar will be open for beer, wine and coolers, as well as non-alcoholic cold beverages. The bar will be open from noon until 8:30 pm.
- Lunch offerings will include Denman Growers & Producers popular Oyster burger BBQ, with green and potato side salads. Norie’s handmade sushi (tofu, egg, or seafood), and Maresia farm’s chicken or feta/vegetable stuffed pitas.
- Desserts and sweets will be available throughout the day. Mary Hicks will be there with an array of delectable desserts and Alveroni Farm popsicles will be a cool treat for kids.
AFTERNOON MUSIC – 12:00 to 5:00
Six Open Stage segments throughout the afternoon will showcase short sets by many of our local musicians, including a youth segment, hosted by Tai McGillivary, spoken word stage, hosted by Slug Blu, the Denman Choir and other popular local artists.
AFTERNOON HAPPY HOUR
- You won’t want to miss Happy Hour. The bar will again feature frozen Margaritas from 3:00 to 4:00 – a sell-out last year.
- Yogi and Bronwynne will have their yummy coconut milk and fruit creamsicles.
- Pei – Fen Chang will serve a selection of vegan asian sweets and snacks.
- New this year – The Pourium coffee garden will be open for coffee and treats, details TBA.
EVENING MUSIC – 5:00 to 9:00
The evening show features lots of great music from local groups:
- Randy Duncan Band
- Jeff Honsinger
- Stacy Seabrook
Once again, three local farms will offer delicious morsels to suit every taste. You want meat? Emily and Sam from Two Roads Farm will be serving roast pork or ham sandwiches, with slaw and relishes, featuring their own free range Denman pork. Vegetarian? Pat and Selwyn from Corlan Vineyard will have a fabulous Greek platter, featuring vegetarian moussaka, dolmades, spanakopita, Greek salad, hummus, pita bread and baklava. LeeAndra and Natalie from Denman Fruit and Nut Farm will tempt you with an assortment of goodies – kale rolls, samosas, gyozas, and salads. Vegan and gluten free selections available.
Those attending last year know what a fun-filled, family-oriented all-day event it was. Bring your family, bring your friends. Sorry, please don’t bring your dogs.
See you on Sunday, at the 2016 TASTE OF DENMAN!