Welcome to the Denman Fitness Centre
2016 – 2017 Membership Agreement
Email newsletter Y or N
Age___________(For youth under age 19, parent/guardian must complete consent form)
Emergency Contact (name and phone #) _______________________________________
An applicant for membership in the Denman Fitness Centre understands that upon signing this agreement, he or she promises to pay the Denman Seniors & Museum Society an annual fee of $120.00 or a pro-rated amount of $15.00 per month (as per fee chart on page 2) if signing up after March 31, 2017 for membership in and use of the Denman Fitness Centre. Members are entitled to use the facilities (weight room and limited gym access) and participate in Badminton, Pickle Ball and Table Tennis from November 1, 2016 to October 31, 2017. Family memberships of $60 annually are available for youth under 19 when a parent is also a member.
Membership Fee _______________________ Start date: ________________
This membership is renewable each year and annual payment is due on November 1.
CHEQUES PAYABLE TO:
DENMAN SENIORS & MUSEUM SOCIETY
Members acknowledge and agree to the following rules and guidelines:
Rules and Guidelines
- There is no attendant in the weight room/gym. Members and guests use the facilities at their own risk.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that they and their guests use the equipment and facilities in a safe manner. Directions for the proper use of equipment are posted and should be followed.
- The cleanliness, maintenance and security of the facilities are the responsibility of all members. Proper CLEAN indoor footwear and clothing required at all times.
- The key punch code issued should not be shared. Key codes may change on occasion for security purposes.
- Youth age 12-15 must be accompanied by an adult when using the weight room/gym.
- Children under 12 and pets are not allowed in the weight room.
- Drop-ins (casual users) are allowed only when accompanying a regular member. Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests pay the required fee and sign the guest list/waiver. Youth are not allowed as drop-ins unless a parental consent form has been submitted.
- Members agree to adhere to other posted guidelines for facility use.
- Members may use the gymnasium for drop in use when it has not been booked. Gym bookings are posted on the bulletin board and on the website. Rentals and other bookings have precedence over drop in use.
- Denman Fitness Centre reserves the right to cancel memberships as a result of inappropriate behaviour by the member.
All members are encouraged to obtain a physical examination from their physicians prior to the use of any exercise equipment or attendance in any exercise class. In recognition of the possible dangers connected with any physical activity, the Member hereby knowingly and voluntarily waives his or her right or cause of action of any kind whatsoever arising as the result of such activity from which any liability may or could accrue to Denman Fitness Centre and/or Denman Seniors and Museum Society.
It is also agreed that any damages to the facilities or property, or to the property of any member by another member or his guest, is the sole responsibility to the offending member.
Signature of Member Date
Signature on behalf of Denman Seniors and Museum Society Date
Denman Fitness Centre
The undersigned person is the parent or guardian of the Member in this membership agreement and makes this agreement for the purpose of enabling the Member to use the Denman Island Fitness Centre Weight Room/Gym (the “Gym”). The undersigned person consents to the Member using the Gym facilities and is aware of the risks involved in such use.
In recognition of the possible dangers connected with any physical activity, the parent/guardian hereby knowingly and voluntarily waives his or her right or cause of action of any kind whatsoever arising as the result of such activity by the Member from which any liability may or could accrue to Denman Fitness Centre and/or Denman Seniors and Museum Society.
Signature of Parent/Guardian Print Name Date
Relationship to Member: _________________